Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Top 10 Prospects In 2010.

1. Stephen Strasburg: Throws heat, throws movement, control. He has it all and if his first spring start is any indication, he's major league ready. For more on Strasburg just read my second post.

2. Mike Stanton: Although a few years off, look for this slugger to hit HR's year in and out.

3. Buster Posey: A catcher with a bat. And a god bat at that. Look for him to get the majority of the starts for the Giants this season and hit anywhere from 15-30 HR's with an average between .260-.325 and not to mention a few steals peppered in.

4. Justin Smoak: Might start the year in the minors, but will be up by September with the callups if not earlier since he's starting in AAA. Should end up with good defense at first and will look like Chipper Jones at the plate.

5. Jason Heyward: I'm lower on him than most people are, but he is still a top prospect. I was talking to a scout recently and he says he really likes him, he's got very quick wrists and a good work ethic. My gut says no but I also trust my connection which is why I'm letting him stay in the top 5 instead of top 50 where my gut says. I'm down on him because a 19 year old in AA just doesn't do it for me, that's just too young, he's at least 9 years away from his prime.

6. Neftali Feliz: He can throw cheese at 101 MPH at ease on a regular basis. Look for him to get lots of strikeouts and shattered bats. Maybe by mid season he could be starting. Also, these types of pitchers usually have short careers or he'd be number 2.

7. Tim Beckham: I am very Bullish on Tim, I think by next year he could be in the pros giving the rays 70-80 steals for years to come with Gold Glove defense too.

8. Brian Matusz: A young gun with a cannon of an arm, he should be an ace to replace Lincecum when he goes to free agency, and if they keep both.... LOOK OUT. Because Matusz is a top arm too.

9. Madison Bumgarner: The Giants are building a franchise that won't soon be beat at pitching, because Bumgarner is another can't miss arm that will be a top player within the next 2 years.

10. Jason Castro: Maybe a bit higher than most people think, but he is a catcher and that justifies it, because this catcher hits like Helton. Look for Castro to be a top catcher by this year or next year in the mold of Mauer with less power.

No comments:

Post a Comment